Friday 29 June 2012

The naive post before the adventure.

This is the page to watch as I raise funds on behalf of the Kids' Cancer Project. You'll find comments, photos, videos, and trivia of the places and people that you may find travelling the length of the Andes mountains.

The ride involves riding my mountain bike 11 000km alongside, on and crossing the Andes mountains in South America. Riding south from Quito Ecuador at the equator, to Ushuaia Argentina. Ushuaia being just about as far south as you can get before going for a chilly swim to Antarctica.

The funds go to sponsoring a charity that is doing very valuable and measurable work finding treatments to the types of cancers kids commonly get, and don't survive.

The journey seems to begin in the preparation. I've had some interesting events already. This includes
  • Hit by a car (I bounced)
  • Crashing out on a jump during a training course (didn't bounce so well)
  • Proof my immune system reacts vigorously to the vaccinations needed for the trip. In other words a couple of months of feeling sick with the multitude of almost weekly shots. Apparently the reaction is a good thing!
  • Life's day to day challenges that just pop up sapping away any spare moments.
  • Has anyone mentioned planning these longer trips can be stressful? I can hear all of you who have planned a wedding laughing your butts off. I think I'll be having a few chuckles of my own over the next few months.
If you would like to see more about the charity, and perhaps provide some support, visit here.
If you want to know more about the places that I'll be travelling through before I post about them, have a look at here.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world my dear son! It's addictive! A fun first post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your widget is now ensconced on my blog!

    ReplyDelete